“People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic.”
PR can raise your profile. Through networking – connecting with like-minded people and potential clients, sponsoring events and causes – showing your community spirit and good will, newsletters and content marketing – sharing your knowledge and expertise.
PR can publicise what makes your business special…and is free to get, if you do it right. But it is not free to achieve; you must commit time and resources to getting your story out there.
How’s this for a list of the powerful benefits of using PR?
- Establishes you as an expert in your field
- You stand apart from your competitors who think PR is not for them
- Creates a strong brand
- Potential clients are ‘pre-sold’ when they call you; you built trust
- You are an ‘expert’ people will pay more for your skills and expertise
- People want to work with you because you are seen as credible
- Potential clients are visiting your website already eager
- The publicity from PR is free while advertising can be expensive
- A media article gives more credibility than a paid ad
- Other media read the articles and call you instead of you calling them
- Larger newspapers and magazines and TV programs start calling you
- You get offered columns and blogs
- More people want joint venture or partner with you
- Easier to get your products sold by others
- Investors show more interest
- You get invited to speak at seminars, conferences and workshops
- You get paid for your speaking gigs
- Generate new products and services
- Your staff think you rock
- Sales explode and new markets open
- More traffic to your website
- Opportunities to license your products
- You become a media star and people recognise you
- You win awards for your products/services and your contribution to the business community
- You get offered big bucks to sell your business
Your PR plan needs to be finely tuned to your brand and to who you want to target (both media outlets and potential customers) so you do need to spend some time planning. Once your PR is in action, you also need to carefully monitor your progress to protect your reputation.
The key message here is HAVE A PLAN.
Want to know more about writing your PR plan? Call me on 0478718041. Email me. Let me know so I can help you.